Click here to view my presentation!

Reflection:


I geared my lesson plan towards first and second grade students. I do my fieldwork in a preschool classroom where the children age at the age where they tend not to notice differences. As the students grow however, they recognize differences between them and their classmates. If they are not taught properly, they may develop a bias against classmates who are different than them. The reason I created this PowerPoint presentation for this age is twofold. Firstly, I believe that although students may notice differences before first grade, I don’t think that it will affect them. Additionally, I think that at this age they are already old enough to embrace our differences.  

My goal in this lesson is to show the students that differences are good. Imagine if we were all clones, the world would be such a boring place! It is so important for children to be accepting of all people and to appreciate the diversity and experiences that all people have!!!

Comments

  1. that was an adorable presentation! I would use your ideas in my classroom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment