Technology and ELL learners


This article highlights the challenges that ELL students and their teachers face when participating in technology-based learning. The first and main issue is language. Students may also have limited access to technology in school and at home. The article suggested four research-based suggestions to help the teachers and ELL students. Check comprehension, use props and demonstrations, review the basics and find out what students know. It also suggests using handouts with pictures to show students what they need to click and how to navigate the programs. Start simple and then slowly build up your students skills.

I liked this article because it brought the issues involved in teaching ELL students and it brought solutions. As teachers, I believe that we must look forward. We live in a technological age. All students, ELL included must know how to work and navigate technology. I think that it may be possible to intertwine teaching ELL students language and technology. What do you think?
View the article here :)

Comments